Terms and Conditions
What information is collected?
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read or download information, your web browser automatically sends us information such as:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet
- Internet protocol address of the computer you are using
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using
- Mobile device information (eg, device model, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our sites, search terms, pages you visit
- Geographic location, date and time you access our site
- Demographic information. Including age, gender and interests.
- Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site
In order for this site to function properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It allows the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) for a period of time, so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you return to the site or browse again from one site to another. Harson University collects first and third party session and persistent cookies to enhance the customer experience, in particular to:
- Improve the functionality and performance of the website
- Understand user behavior
- Connect visitors to social media sites
- Measure the effectiveness of ads and web searches
- Remember user actions to identify the user, for online behavioral advertising
- Retarget website visitors with ads about products in which they have expressed an interest.
Information provided to us
We will not collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information. The types of information we collect may include:
- Name and surname
- Shipping Address
- Email address
- Telephone number(s) either LAN or cell phone
- All applicant data submitted at the time of application
Any and all collected information may be stored indefinitely.
How is your information used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
- Respond to requests for information about our degree programs and other products and services.
- Communicate information about our products, services, events and other promotional purposes, through calls, emails or text messages. These contact methods may be generated using an automated technology system.
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, products, services and marketing efforts.
- General research and analysis purposes.
- Lawful accomplice.
What options do you have?
If you do not wish to receive promotional phone calls, please call Harson University at 754-206-9443 or send an email to marketing@harsonuniversity.
If you do not wish to receive our promotional emails, please call Harson University at 754-206-9443 or send an email to marketing@harsonuniversity.
How is your personal information protected?
We generally maintain administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information and use industry standard methods to protect that information. Please note that no website, database or system is completely secure or “hacker-proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or misuse. In the event that the data we collect identifies your race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin or sexual orientation, none of that information will in any way influence Harson University’s admission decision. Harson University’s nondiscrimination policy opens admission to students of all races, ethnicities, genders, religions, national origins, and sexual orientations. Your rights, privileges and access to all academic programs, financial aid and activities are granted free of selections made on the basis of any of the aforementioned attributes.
Harson University may share your data with its parent company, Grupo Instituto Superior San Ignacio de Loyola S.A. (ISIL) from Peru; and may transfer your data to the other educational entities of the group such as ISIL of Peru (Av. La Fontana 995, La Molina, Lima, Peru), for the aforementioned purposes If you do not provide this authorization, Harson University will not be able to carry out the purposes previously described, nor will it be able to share your information with the entities of the Grupo Instituto Superior San Ignacio de Loyola S.A. (ISIL)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), as well as Florida Statute (1002.225, FS) and the Harson University FERPA Regulations govern the educational records of Harson University students. We will not disclose any student personal information, except to University staff or agents, strictly for legitimate educational purposes. However, student directory information may be released without the student’s written consent. Directory information includes:
- Student’s name, local and permanent address, and telephone numbers
- Date and place of birth
- Classification of students, and major and minor fields of study
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports.
- Weight and height of members of sports teams
- Dates attended, titles and awards received
- Most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student
- Photo image
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that appears to be from us asking for your personal information, please do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information via email.
Children’s Personal Information
Our website is not intended for or directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately so we can delete the information.
How is your information shared?
Harson University may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, mail houses, email providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, contract advertisers, web hosting providers, call centers/ chat providers, registration or contracting providers) or who help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you to perform their functions on our behalf. The information will not be disclosed to third parties or other government agencies, except as required by state or federal law. Please note that Florida public records law requires that all information received in connection with state businesses, including email addresses, must be available to anyone who requests it, unless the information is subject to an exemption specific law.
How to update your personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate and complete, please contact our Harson University Contact Center at 754-206-9443 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current contact information.
How can I opt out of the data collection process?
If you would like us to remove you entirely from Harson University’s website lead database, please contact us at 754-206-9443 or send an email to marketing@harsonuniversity.
How do I contact Harson University?
Harson University 3191 Coral Way, 6th floor, Suite 630, Miami, FL 33145 754-206-9443